sábado, 28 de noviembre de 2020

LATE SUMMER POEM

 

The first day of September has awakened

So pretty and so peaceful

So lovely and so warm

So beautiful, so sunny and so sound


He walks very very slowly

Almost like gliding, hovering

Across the meadow towards me

Dressed up in the most elegant mantle

You ever saw or even could imagine


Taylored by the indian summers' wind

With large, wide pockets

Filled with fully grown seeds

Painted with Septembers' pure

And specially selected colors


Penetrated by tasty greenery

And ripe and thriving oat

Studded with coral red glowing buttons

Given by the rowan trees for free


The strayhat with its wide and gentle brim

Made of newly harvested rye

With sun flowers 'round its scull

The late summers' wind

Rumples his golden hair

Above his head butterflies fly

'Round and around in wide and lusty circles


I stand like enchanted

Watching this view

My heart beats fast

It feels so surreal

I see - I dream 

I close my eyes

But deep inside

I see the same


When the first day of September

Has once again awakened

So pretty and so peaceful

So lovely and so warm

So beautiful, so sunny and so sound


Then my heart gets filled with

Unspeakable happiness

Then I want to embrace

The most uncomparably beautiful time

The time that September

Has always shown me


For always - each and every year

My month I want to embrace

And hug and endorse it

And say: Welcome!

You are mine! 


Joanna Svensson

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario