lunes, 30 de noviembre de 2020

DEARLY BELOVED MOTHER

 

My dearest mother becomes 90 today!  


Dear mother, your wisdom

Like diamonds shine in your hair

Days have gone - years have passed

Don't know forever where

But today you become ninety

Such a beautiful admirable age


Thank you oh, so much, dear Lord

For generously granting my mother

Such a variegated life

Reaching way over 90

Towards her first hundred


My dearest, dearest mother

Children of three generations

You have watched us growing up

Like a link through generations


In each generation of our family

In each and every member

There is truly always

A tiny piece of you


For the inner me I see

Your wise and beautiful inside

Though you have been kissed

By life several times


Your great big book of life

Still holds many unwritten pages

I see all this - straight before me

Everytime I think of

All that you've acchieved


In my heart I'm always with you

Though my carma is far away

My dearest mother - I would give you

An entire ocean of the sweetest roses

You know, the red ones - you like the most


But the new disease we must accept

With restraintment rules for near and dear

So at the moment I can not hug you

I can not hold you in my arms

But you must know - I am your "Dzidzia"

And I love you - just the way you are!


So, dear God; on her ninetieth birthday

Please give her many springtimes yet

Many summers, peace and calmness

And all new pages - in her book of life!

Joanna Svensson

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario